Sigma Gestion Exits French Private Equity Firm after 3 Years

ACG Group, a French private equity firm, has sold its 63 percent stake in investment firm Sigma Gestion back to its management team.

Sigma Gestion became part of the ACG group in October 2011, when the latter acquired a 63% shareholding in the business. Members of Sigma Gestion’s management – namely president Emmanuel Simmoneau, commercial director Vincent Lachene and investment director Guillaume Hemmerlé – and the family office Sigma held on to the remaining 37% stake.

ACG has now sold its stake back to the three management team members and Sigma, making Sigma Gestion an independent firm once more. The break-up is understood to have stemmed from diverging views around governance and strategy matters, notably with regards to Sigma Gestion’s integration within the group.

Source: unquote”

 

Tags: Private Equity, Private Equity Firm, Private Equity Group, Private Equity Company, Private Equity Fund, Private Equity Investment, Private Equity Investor, Fund of Fund, Private Equity Business, Private Equity Industry, PE, ACG Group, Europe, France, French Private Equity, European Private Equity, Sigma Gestion, Emmanuel Simmoneau, Vincent Lachene, Guillaume Hemmerlé, Family Offices, Sigma.


Israeli Alvarion Ltd. Increases 70% as Globes Report Sparks Takeover Speculation

Israel’s 4G telecommunications company Alvarion Ltd. increased 70% in New York after daily Globes reported a Caesarea-based private equity firm Sigma Wave Ltd. may acquire the company.

Shares of Tel Aviv-based Alvarion soared the most since March 2000 to 38 cents at 2:47 p.m. in New York, extending a four-day rally to 105 percent. Trading volume was five times the average of the past 90 days. The stock climbed 78 percent in Israel, capping the biggest advance since July 2001.

Private-equity firm Sigma may acquire Alvarion through SuperCom Ltd. (SPCBF:US), an Israeli developer of electronic identity solutions, Globes reported yesterday, without saying where it obtained the information. Alon Fishman, an adviser at Sigma, confirmed the company is in negotiations to acquire Alvarion.

“It’s not final yet, but we are surely interested,” he said by phone from Tel Aviv. “We hope the process will end positively before the end of this month.” Source

 

Tags: Private Equity, Private Equity firm, Private Equity investment, Private Equity investor, Private Equity group, Private Equity Company, Israel Private Equity, Israel Private Equity, Alvarion Ltd., 4G Telecommunications Company, New York, NY, aesarea, Sigma Wave Ltd., Tel Aviv, SuperCom Ltd., . Alon Fishman, Sigma.


Wilson Holding Company



Platinum Members Log-in

Log-in to your Platinum Membership.